Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One Week

What I have found to be most remarkable looking back over this first week has not been what I have done

it is what I haven't done.

Don't get me wrong

I have gone to the gym 6 days during this week

I have lost 3.6 pounds during this week

I have eaten chicken breast 14 different times and way too many buffalo muffins to count.

I have hydrated my body well this week.

I have fueled my body consistently and wisely each day.

These things aren't new to me, but when in practice seldom last, but I still am glad I did them well.

What I haven't done is what I find remarkable.

These things I have never not-done before (sorry hubs! I know you hate the double negative)

This week

I didn't eat the macaroni and cheese I made for my sniffly kids when they were feeling bad.

I haven't grazed over their unfinished PB&J while cleaning up the kitchen.

I haven't once during this week eaten mindlessly.

I haven't once this week lost momentum.

I haven't once this week lost sight of my goal.

I haven't once this week lost faith that I can heal my relationship with food and find this elusive moderation I have heard so much about.

I am proud of what I have done in this first week of my journey, but I am so much more proud of what I haven't done.



No comments:

Post a Comment